Alphaman (alpha version)
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
In order to test out my abilities in creating a platformer and learn Godot 3.0, I decided to proto-type this megaman-classic-plus-x-like game.
If you would like to contribute art or music, feel free to PM or e-mail me. If you would like to work for money on a future project ("Project Omega") please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Now featuring Chefbot, Usherbot, Maidbot, and Firebot stages!
- Move left and right: Arrow Keys or D-pad (no joy-stick support)
- Jump: X
- Shoot: C
- Charge for Free Secondary Weapon Use: Hold C
- Shoot Secondary Weapon: V
- Switch Secondary Weapon: S & D
- Dash: Shift
- Climb: Up Arrow
Bugs fixed since initial upload - re-download if you're experiencing them:
Known bugs / issues:
- IF YOU DOWNLOADED THE GAME ON 3/1/19, UPDATE THE GAME PLEASE. There was a massive game breaking bug when you exitted a stage after reaching a checkpoint. This is now fixed.
- Godot (the game engine) only supports newer graphic chipsets that support GLES 3.0 and higher. Next Godot release will support older cards with GLES 2.0
- Bullets go behind ladders
- Some enemies are still active and shooting from nearby rooms
- If you pause while charged, you remain in the charged state after unpausing
Trey Cockrell (@Trueyomic)
Music and SFX taken from When It Hits the Fan, another Heartfelt Games LLC production
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Thanks for playing! Just an fyi, there's a newer version of the game than the one you recorded what has dashing, wall climbing, and bug fixes.
This is a cool game. Runs well. And I loved that boss at the end.
Game crashes; error window lasts for about 2 frames. Could not capture because print screen runs at a lag.
At what point does it crash?
Well, I have a new build up that removes some unnecessary files. Let me know if it still crashes